You are here
The complete reference list is available online at www.expertconsult.com.
13. Gunderson LL, Sosin H. Adenocarcinoma of the stomach: areas of failure in a reoperation series (second or symptomatic looks): clinicopathologic correlation and implications for adjuvant therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1982;8:1.
48. Lauren P. The two histologic main types of gastric carcinoma: diffuse and so-called intestinal type carcinoma. An attempt at a histological classification. Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand 1965;64:31.
61. Cunningham D, Allum WH, Stenning SP, et al. Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancer. N Engl J Med 2006;355:11–20.
62. Schuhmacher C, Gretschel S, Lordick F, et al. Neo- adjuvant chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for locally advanced cancer of the stomach and cardia: European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Randomized Trial 40954. J Clin Oncol 2010;28:5210–18.
63. Bozzetti F, Marubini E, Bonfanti G, et al. Subtotal versus total gastrectomy for gastric cancer: five-year survival rates in a multicenter randomized Italian trial. Ann Surg 1999;230:170.
69. Kodera Y, Fujiwara M, Ohashi N, et al. Laparo- scopic surgery for gastric cancer: a collective review with meta-analysis of randomized trials. J Am Coll Surg 2010;211:677.
75. Sano T, Sasako M, Yamamoto, et al. Gastric cancer surgery: morbidity and mortality results from a prospective randomized controlled trial comparing D2 and extended para-aortic lymphadenectomy— Japan Clinic Oncology Group study 9501. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:2767.
76. Bonnenkamp JJ, Hermans J, van de Velde CJH, for the Dutch Gastric Cancer Group. Extended lymphnode dissection for gastric cancer. N Engl J Med 1999;340:908.
77. Cushieri A, Weeden S, Fielding J, et al. Patient survival after D1 and D2 resections for gastric cancer: long-term results of the MRC randomized controlled surgical trial. Br J Cancer 1999;79:1522.
78. Degiuli M, Sasako M, Calgaro M, et al. Morbidity and mortality after D1 and D2 gastrectomy for cancer: interim analysis of the Italian Gastric Cancer Study Group (IGCSG) randomised surgi- cal trial. Eur J Surg Oncol 2004;30:303.
120. MacDonald JS, Smalley SR, Benedetti J, et al. Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction. N Engl J Med 2001;345:725.
121. Landry J, Tepper J, Wood W, et al. Analysis of survival and local control following surgery for gastric cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1990;19:1357.
122. D’Angelica M, Gonen M, Brennan MF, et al. Pat- terns of initial recurrence in completely resected gastric adenocarcinoma. Ann Surg 2004;240:808.
123. Gunderson LL. Gastric cancer—patterns of relapse after surgical resection. Semin Radiat Oncol 2002;12:150.
124. McNeer G, Vandenberg H, Donn FY, Bowden LA. A critical evaluation of subtotal gastrectomy for the cure of the stomach. Ann Surg 1957;134:2.
125. Thomson FB, Robins RE. Local recurrence following subtotal resection for gastric carcinoma. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1952;95:341.
126. Wisbeck WA, Becker EM, Russell AH. Adenocar- cinoma of the stomach: autopsy observations with therapeutic implications for the radiation oncolo- gist. Radiother Oncol 1986;7:13.
127. Gilbertson VA. Results of treatment of stomach cancer: an appraisal of efforts for more extensive surgery and a report of 1,938 cases. Cancer 1969;23:1305.
129. Songun I, Putter H, Meershoek-Klein Kranenbarg E, et al. Surgical treatment of gastric cancer: 15-year follow-up results of the randomized nationwide Dutch D1D2 trial. Lancet Oncol 2010;11:439–49.
155. Sasako M, Sakuramoto S, Katai H, et al. Five-year outcomes of a randomized phase III trial compar- ing adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 versus surgery alone in stage II or III gastric cancer. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:4387–93.
162. Gastric Group, Paoletti X, Oba K, et al. Benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer: a meta-analysis. JAMA 2010;303: 1729–37.
163. Ychou M, Boige V, Pignon J-P, et al. Perioperative chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma: an FNCLCC and FFCD multicenter phase III trial. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:1715–21.
180. Zhang ZX, Gu XZ, Yin WB, et al. Randomized clinical trial combination on the preoperative irradiation and surgery in the treatment of adeno- carcinoma of the gastric cardia (AGC) report on 370 patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1998;42:929.
186. Moertel CG, Childs DS, O’Fallon JR, et al. Com- bined 5-fluorouracil and radiation therapy as a surgical adjuvant for poor prognosis gastric carci- noma. J Clin Oncol 1984;2:1249.
187. Smalley SS, Gunderson L, Tepper J, et al. Gastric surgical adjuvant radiotherapy consensus report: rationale and treatment implementation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002;52:282.
188. Smalley SS, Benedetti JK, Haller DG, et al. Updated analysis of SWOG-directed Intergroup Study 0116: A Phase III trial of adjuvant radioche- motherapy versus observation following curative gastric cancer resection. J Clin Oncol 2012 [Epub ahead of print]
189. Tepper JE, Gunderson LL. Radiation treatment parameters in the adjuvant postoperative therapy of gastric cancer. Semin Radiat Oncol 2002;12:187.
191. Kim S, Lim KH, Lee J, et al. An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant post- operative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomach. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;63:1279.
192. Lee J, Lim DH, Kim S, et al. Phase III trial comparing capecitabine plus cisplatin versus capecitabine plus cisplatin with concurrent capecitabine radiotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer with D2 lymph node dissection: The ARTIST Trial. J Clin Oncol 2012;30:268–73.
193. Walsh TN, Noonau N, Hollywood D, et al. A comparison of multimodal therapy and surgery in esophageal adenocarcinoma. N Engl J Med 1996;335:462.
194. Urba S, Orringer M, Turrisi A, et al. Randomized trial of preoperative chemoradiation vs surgery alone in patients with locoregional esophageal cancer. J Clin Oncol 2001;19:305.
195. Tepper JE, Krasna M, Niedzwiecki D, et al. Phase III trial of trimodality therapy with cisplatin, fluo- rouracil, radiotherapy and surgery compared with surgery alone for esophageal cancer: CALGB 9871. J Clin Oncol 2008;26:1086.
196. vanHaugen P, Hulshof MC, van Lanschot JJ, et al; for the CROSS group. Preoperative chemoradio- therapy for esophageal or junctional cancer. N Engl J Med 2012;368:2074–84.
197. Stahl M, Walz MK, Stuschke M, et al. Phase III comparison of preoperative chemotherapy com- pared with chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally-advanced adenocarcinoma of the esophago- gastric junction. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:851.
198. Coburn NG, Govindaragan A, Law CHL, et al. Stage-specific effect of adjuvant therapy following gastric cancer resection: A population-based analy- sis of 4,041 patients. Ann Surg Oncol 2008;15:500.
199. Fiorica F, Cartei F, Enea N, et al. The impact of radiotherapy on survival in resectable gastric carci- noma: A meta-analysis of literature data. Cancer Treat Rev 2007;33:729.
200. Gebski V, Burneister B, Smithers BM, et al; for the Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group. Sur- vival benefits from neoadjuvant chemoradiother- apy or chemotherapy in oesophageal carcinoma: a meta-analysis. Lancet Oncol 2007;8:226.
212. Moertel CG, Childs DS, Jr, Reitemeier RJ, et al. Combined 5-fluorouracil and supervoltage radia- tion therapy of locally unresectable gastrointestinal cancer. Lancet 1969;2:865.
213. Schein PS, Novak J, for GITSG: Combined modality therapy (XRT-chemo) versus chemother- apy alone for locally unresectable gastric cancer. Cancer 1982;49:1771.
214. Chevalier TL, Smith FP, Harter WK, Schein PS. Chemotherapy and combined modality therapy for locally advanced and metastatic gastric carci- noma. Semin Oncol 1985;12:46.
215. The Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. The concept of locally advanced gastric cancer. Cancer 1990;66:2324.
216. Bleiberg H, Goffin JC, Dalesie O, et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy and chemotherapy in resectable gastric cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol 1989;15:535.
251. Cunningham D, Starling N, Rao S, et al. Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esopha- gogastric cancer. N Engl J Med 2008;358:36–46.
286. Van Cutsem E, Moiseyenko VM, Tjulandin S, et al. Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2006;24:4991–7.
287. Ohtsu A, Shah MA, Van Cutsem E, et al. Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy as first-line therapy in advanced gastric cancer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III study. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:3968–76.
321. Koizumi W, Narahara H, Hara T, et al. S-1 plus cisplatin versus S-1 alone for first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer (SPIRITS trial): a phase III trial. Lancet Oncol 2008;9:215–21.
322. Ajani JA, Rodriguez W, Bodoky G, et al. Multi- center phase III comparison of cisplatin/S-1 with cisplatin/infusional fluorouracil in advanced gastric or gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma study: the FLAGS trial. J Clin Oncol 2010;28:1547–53.
339. Bang Y-J, Van Cutsem E, Feyereislova A, et al. Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro- oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2010;376:687–97.